With a lot of training and learning moving online, as an instructor, who was used to in-person sessions, you may be wondering how to improve your virtual training sessions. If you feel like your virtual learning is simply not working or could be improved upon, here are a few tips:
• Ensure you are using the right platform. Ideally, you want a platform that will allow for polling, group break-out, screen-sharing, hand raising etc.
• Use the features mentioned above to increase interaction and engagement
• Decrease session length to no longer than 45 minutes and increase session frequency
• Ensure your audio and visual devices are optimal, so everyone can hear and see you well
• Have clear session procedures laid out
• Break info-heavy slides into smaller chunks for easier mental digestion
If you are finding your virtual training sessions need improvement, here are a few best practices tips to help you increase engagement, session optimisation and focus for your students.
Even without having a university degree, currently, you still have a few teaching options available to you if you have a good quality TEFL Certification:
1. You will first need to gain as much experience as you can before applying for many teaching jobs, such as ones available abroad. One great way is to volunteer teach so that you have proof of your experience with real students and gain great references which are very important.
2. Teaching online can be a great option for teachers who may need more freedom. You can do this by teaching for an online school to gain experience first then set up as a Freelance teacher later, if you prefer.
3. If you like children, it is a lot easier to get a job teaching kids English without a degree. Au paring is one fantastic way to do this. You could even do this in an after-school care or tutoring capacity.
4. Copy Editing is another great angle to take if you have a passion for reading and writing. This offers a lot of flexibility as you can do this from anywhere.
In school teachers often speak about students’ needing someone to look up to and perhaps learning from the older students, but the same can be applied to teachers. Having a mentor can really help teachers improve and learn. Teaching can be looked at as an art with a steep learning curve, and there are many different problems and difficulties they may face, and that’s why turning to a mentor can be ideal.
Every teacher is different, and because of this they will have a different individual to look up to, and that person should ideally be someone with the same principles and perhaps a similar teaching style. Many people, no matter what career they are in, will need someone to rely and depend on, and because of the difficulties that can arise in teaching, a mentor is a must.
A mentor doesn’t necessarily have to be someone who is training you, they merely have to be someone you respect and can learn from. If you feel that there is a teacher in your school that ticks these boxes then consider using their experience and improving your own teaching skillset and responsibilities.
Teaching is quite an admirable profession to be engaged in, and as a matter of fact lot of children are inspired by the profession of teaching. Because the little children usually see their own world through the eyes of their teachers and they judge the graveness in most of the things they encounter with the help of their teachers. So they are quite moved by the personality of a teacher. The most important part of a teacher’s career is the Teacher training days. Because it helps to build the teaching career as well as to teach the teacher. Teacher training days are mostly important because they pave the path for each and every teacher to reach success, build their personalities and to learn how to handle children and situations. Mostly teachers are unaware of the value of their early teacher training days but nowadays a fare number of young teachers are emerging greatly because of the gradual impact of this special period on the lives of this wonderful professionals.
Teaching is the noblest profession, one is because, and each one of us including our presidents and top business executives, athletes and everyone interacted with a teacher as they grew up. Secondly it’s because they are not the most well paid people in society but they keep diligently at what they do. Teaching Jobs are more of a passion than anything else. Teaching Jobs are one of the most common and readily available in the job market. One does not have to have pursued an education undergraduate or diploma to do Teaching Jobs. All one needs is the passion for children and then one needs to understand what the children need to learn at a particular stage in life. Every child needs a hero and someone to believe in them. Teaching Jobs therefore offer a person the honour and opportunity to be a role model for one or more children. It is surely a calling.